WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glory days behind them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Van Halen Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hbucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Glory days behind them? Reply with quote

I'm an Ed Head going way back and am very relieved that the band is back together and touring. I also can't wait for their next full album of new material.

Having said that, the new songs on thier latest release don't really get me where I want to go if you know what I mean. They aren't bad but they're forgettable.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come but I'm wondering if anyone else here has the same concerns and observations. Have they lost the magic? Are their best days behind them?
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope their best days are ahead of them. The new stuff kinda grows on ya - my wife really digs the breakfast song and the first single is cool. It's a bit heavier than normal then Ed's signature sound and licks start popping out at ya.

Ned
Tokai Guitars
TORMENT FAKTORY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my opinion on Van Halen for whatever it's worth. I feel that Van Halen was really only Van Halen when they had David Lee Roth. Dave was an arrogant egomaniac who must've been a challenge for the other band members to deal with, but the knucklehead COULD sing, and his voice complimented their style very well. Sammy, had a really good thing going with his band prior to VH too, and was one of the harder hitters in his genre. Not sure what Hagar and VH did when they met in the studio that first time, but honestly I've really only heard one song that I was able to enjoy since they got together which was "Human beings". In that song it sounded to me like Edward and Sammy were trying to go back the roots of each of their styles and they meshed in that song quite well! Anyway, This being a VH oriented site, I've no doubt I'll get a lot of flak from this post, but like I said, it's just my opinion. Twisted Evil
Akadave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the new album. Doesnt have the fire of the earlier stuff. Its just uninspiring. I miss the rawness of the first 3 albums.
picazzo5150

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akadave wrote:
Just got the new album. Doesnt have the fire of the earlier stuff. Its just uninspiring. I miss the rawness of the first 3 albums.

I think a lot of it has to do with Eddie's new sound. I'm not sure whether to love or hate the new EVH 5150 iii amps. They are very compressed sounding. It's still growing on me. I too have just gotten the new album and it took a couple of plays before I started getting into it. I now like it, ...not love, just like. I also wish Eddie would lay off on using the Wah pedal so much on his solos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Van Halen Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: