WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music of the 90's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hbucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Music of the 90's? Reply with quote

When you think of the decades preceeding the 90's, it's pretty easy to come up with at least a couple forms of music that define that decade going back at least to the 40's. So much so that many times when you think of that decade, that music is the first or second thing you think of.

How about the 90's though? Can the 90's be defined by a certain style of music? Grunge maybe. Anything else? And did Grunge last long enough to really be tied to the decade as a major identity for it?
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. Grunge at the beginning, what I call Pop-Punk (Green Day, Blink182) in the middle of the decade. Nothing that really defined the 90s like metal and glam did for the 80s. Of course having gone through high school and college in the 80s I may be biased.

Ned
Tokai Guitars
hbucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ned wrote:
Of course having gone through high school and college in the 80s I may be biased.

Ned

Me too. High School and College. A child of the 80's I am. (and proud of it)
XGen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess that it could be split into 3 main currents: grunge, electronic music and pop-punk. Electronic is a Euro-asian phenomenon, didn't affect the states, but influenced a lot of famous pop acts that eventually got across the atlantic ocean Smile

Also Pop-Punk didn't really get to Europe...

The 2000's are halfway through and it seems to me that it will be the Hip-Hop/Nu-metal/Gothic decade... What do you think?

Jorge Canela
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: