WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Specs On the Main Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Fender / Charvel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Specs On the Main Site Reply with quote

I added the new Art Series specs to the Wolfgang/Axis table on the main site (www.wolfgangregistry.com).

Wondering what everyones impressions of the production models are? Do you plan on buying one?

Ned
Tokai Guitars
hbucker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I don't plan on buying one. I have an EBMM/EVH, a Wolf Special and a Wolf hard tail. In addition I have another two humbucker guitar and a 2 humbucker that I'm trying to sell. My not buying one of the Charvels has nothing to do with their quality but everything to do with their aparent price and the fact that I need another EVH style guitar like I need a kick in the head.

2. They look like good guitars. I'm particularly impressed with the quarter sawn necks. I just wonder how big the market is on a one humbucker, Floyd equipped guitar. 15-20 years ago there would have been a monster demand. But will anyone under the age of 35 appreciate these? How many people who can afford a one trick pony such as this? I'm of course talking about the San Dimas/mass produced model and not the ones he paints himself and playse on stage which are in a whole different $Shocked$ category...

3. As for the ones he paints himself and plays on stage... I guess if I had money to burn I would pay $15k+ for one of them. I'm an "Ed Head" and appreciate the stripes and his inteaction with these guitars as much as anyone. I do think though that someone who buys one of these needs to buy it because they want it, not because it will make them a lot of money as a collectors guitar. Maybe some day it will, but at these prices no time soon.

Over all, I love basswood as a light weight, great sounding tone wood. It isn't as durable as I would like though. I've had to glue in the strap buttons on two of my basswood guitars just because the wood is so soft that they stripped over time. Everything else on the guitars is fine. I just wonder, at what price point do you say that basswood is no longer a viable wood to use? Or is it ever used as an inexpensive wood and always used as a pure tone wood, price be damned?
B Money

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new Charvel guitars look great, but I don't plan on buying one. I'd rather get another Wolfgang Standard Trem model.

Does anyone know if Peavey has plans to continue producing Wolfgangs after Ed moves his endorsment to Charvel??
Marshall TSL100
TC Electronics G Major
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zzounds.com has the Charvels for $2639.95 - ouch. I'm looking for a Gold Top Standard with Trem for the collection.

Ned
Tokai Guitars
Ron H

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could buy 3 standards for the price of one of these,Not to mention just how the heck could you ever gig with one.You come on stage with one of those and you better be damn good.Because they are going to expect you to be.A retail of $2,700.00 is just insane for a guitar with those features.Is Ed that hard up for money?I have been a HUGE Van Halen fan since 78,And I got to say I`m very upset right now.$100.00 for ok seets for the new tour,The evh hand stripped guitars on e bay,and now outragous price for guitar that should be $700.00 at best.Smells like a buisness, more than rockin roll for the fans.I know it costs alot to put on a show,but come on,we all cant afford the ride this time around.I think it is just getting sad,and i miss the old kick ass Van Halen from 10 years ago. Sad
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen brother.
Tokai Guitars
Ron H

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,I should have said 3 used standards.I would still much rather have 3 standards than one new Charvel.
Ron H

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B money,Peavey will not be able to produce the wolfgang anymore.Ed owns the rights to it,And I`m sure he wont allow them to.Hopefuly we will see it being made by fender/charvel.But it looks like it will cost about $4000.00 to get one if they do.Plus I think the head stock would have to be redesiged as well,because that is peavey`s standard head with just a grove sanded in for looks. We better get as many wolfies as we can before they get like the musicman and the prices go through the roof.I seen where the exp wolfies have already gone up.The industry taking advantage of people already.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Everyone Reply with quote

Quote:
the new Charvel guitars look great, but I don't plan on buying one. I'd rather get another Wolfgang Standard Trem model.

Okay but i dont that will suit everyone.
Spayne5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came inot a charvel art series red/black/white for 400 dollars at a pawn shop in memphis...guy didnt even know who EVH is!!!!...seems like the serial number checks out and all...for those unsure about paying for one, jsut look in pawn shops! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Fender / Charvel All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: