WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEED ADVICE ASAP!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diamond_Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: NEED ADVICE ASAP!! Reply with quote

Hello forum members. I have a dilemma I was hoping you could help me with. I am stuck choosing between two EVH guitars. The are both the exact same price (both at $1000).

The first is a 2001 Peavey Wolfgang archtop in trans-amber finish in Mint cond. with factory case (no string guard). No visible fret/fretboard wear, no blems, no chrome pitting, etc.

The second is a 1998 Peavey Wolfgang archtop (Pat. Pend. model) in tuxedo black with factory case and no string guard. It is in very-good to excellent cond with no visible fret/fretboard wear, no chrome pitting, etc. BUT, it has two small blemishes in the finish. One small (1cm-sized) crack in the clearcoat just under the bridge pickup, and one (BB-sized) ding near the front strap button...however, neither blem is exposing any wood.

I read somewhere that the basswood body/maple top models are (according to John Suhr) the "Holy Grail of tone"...but I've also been told that the early "Pat. Pend." models are very sought after and have a better value appreciation in the long term. The "Pat.Pend" is the only reason I would choose the black over the trans-amber flame top.

I'm really torn, so any advise is GREATLY appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Peavey All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: