WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone here own the new Wolfgang ? ? ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Fender / Charvel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juan5150

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Does anyone here own the new Wolfgang ? ? ? Reply with quote

I've heard mixed reviews about it and wanted to know if it's worth the Sharp pricetag, not sure if my dull paycheck could pay for one but just wanted to get some feedback on it. I'm waiting for one to show up at the locals shops here to try it cause I heard that some people aren't in to the new pickups and like the ones off the Peavey more.

Anyways, if you got one or played one, share your experiences here Smile

Laterz Bros

- J

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone here own the new Wolfgang ? ? ? Reply with quote

Juan5150 wrote:
I've heard mixed reviews about it and wanted to know if it's worth the Sharp pricetag, not sure if my dull paycheck could pay for one but just wanted to get some feedback on it. I'm waiting for one to show up at the locals shops here to try it cause I heard that some people aren't in to the new pickups and like the ones off the Peavey more.

Anyways, if you got one or played one, share your experiences here Smile

Laterz Bros

- J

I own one, EVH Wolfgang Tobacco Sunburst, Serial # 781
Love it, fells alot like the Peavey, the neck is just a touch nicer on the EVH, a hair flatter, and a hair wider.

They really nailed down the tone. This guitar is quite warm toned compared to my Strat and JS1. It fills all my Lespaul Needs so I sold my LPC. No whammy bar handicaps me.

Is it worth the 3300 Canadian I paid? Well considering (for now) that these guitars are made at the Fender custom shop.. I would say yes. Custom shops use the best wood when building these. As of now, These guitars are NOT made in Mexico and there are no (special) with = Korea yet.

The Stainless Steel frets are the bomb! Took me a few rounds to get used to em, but now their perfect, thin, low, and sharp. Should be interesting to see how they are when the wood ages and shrinks a little Wink

The set up was A1

Your call tho, I spent more on my Les Paul Custom.. The thing never stayed in tune.

This guitar takes everything I throw at it. Hell Check out my mecury blues vid from some open jam. I dive bomb the hell out of it, and it still stays in tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NaMpBSI4bk

Don't mind the heavy mid tones, I just plugged into some amp that was up there, some 60's thing..
mattanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all new to the forum, have just got the Fender evh wolfgang in white and i am dissappointed by it. I sold my prs custom 24 to buy it and wish i had not.PRS pickups are much higher gain and build quality so much better. Wolfgang is a poor guitar which i am now stuck with, should have known better really than to trust fender, great shame really but you learn by your mistakes i supppose!! Sad
SausageStudios

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my pre-owned Wolfgang this week via eBay. TSB #632. I wasn't happy with the action/set up, so I called EVH support in Scottsdale AZ, which turned out to be Fender customer service. I asked if I could get a copy of the factory set up specs for the new EVH Wolfgang. The tech guy was totally cool and within seconds he emailed me the PDF spec sheet. But, what he sent me was the spec sheet for Jackson/Charvel guitars with 12-16 compound radius necks. I was hoping to get an actual EVH spec sheet, but this is probably just as good. As I suspected, the neck was way out of adjustment. I had to make a truss rod adjustment to remove .006" of relief (spec is .004" but this guitar was at .010"). Almost all of my guitars are set up with .004" relief (+/-). The Wolfgang now plays like butter! The only other adjustment I plan to make is to remove one or two of the tremolo springs. I can see this being my new #1 axe, but my EB/MM is a close second.

I don't know about the hefty $3149 price tag for the 'burst, but at $2200 this guitar is worth every penny. Just be patient and wait for a "deal" to come around.
Dragonbiscuit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: New Wolfgang owner Reply with quote

I just got a beautiful tobacco sunburst 2010 USA Wolfgang in mint condition on Ebay for $1900 - so there are some great deals out there if you look. The trem is pretty stiff and there's no cushion under the block (probably for sustain reasons). When you release the trem it slams into the wood body. Otherwise it sounds great. I agree with some other people who stated the pickups on the Peavey Wolfgangs had more of Eddie's original sound. That being said, the guitar if fairly versatile if you do a bit of tweaking with the amp. I was easily able to get some very nice clean tones suitable for jazz and blues work. I am also going to look into removing a spring from the trem and possibly tuning down a 1/2 step to address the stiffness issue.

BTW this guitar is stunning in person - the pictures don't do it justice - mine is like a burnt orange color on the main body - awesome
Tollie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wolfgang owner Reply with quote

Dragonbiscuit wrote:
I just got a beautiful tobacco sunburst 2010 USA Wolfgang in mint condition on Ebay for $1900 - so there are some great deals out there if you look. The trem is pretty stiff and there's no cushion under the block (probably for sustain reasons). When you release the trem it slams into the wood body. Otherwise it sounds great. I agree with some other people who stated the pickups on the Peavey Wolfgangs had more of Eddie's original sound. That being said, the guitar if fairly versatile if you do a bit of tweaking with the amp. I was easily able to get some very nice clean tones suitable for jazz and blues work. I am also going to look into removing a spring from the trem and possibly tuning down a 1/2 step to address the stiffness issue.

BTW this guitar is stunning in person - the pictures don't do it justice - mine is like a burnt orange color on the main body - awesome

Please post some pics!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Fender / Charvel All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: