WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5150II Untameable Feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Brown Sound
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiamondD5150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: 5150II Untameable Feedback Reply with quote

first off let me present to you the gear i use...

5150II with JJ 6l6's
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
ISP Decimator
L6 Verbzilla
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with 81/85's

I play in a metal band and its really annoying that when i put my volume past three it feedbacks like crazy with the OD8 on and my Noise Supressor apparently cant handle it. When I palm mute an open chord and try to let it ring it feedbacks and cuts out quickly, and staccato notes also produce more feedback. I just got my ISP Decimator and it somewhat solved my problem. I have the Gain on the damn head at 5 and the OD at Noon but it feels as if my tone isnt chunky or full enough by having it like this.

i was wondering if any of you know any decent settings i can use with both the Decimator(FX Loop) and Noise Suppressor(Front) unless maybe i have the gain too high or the OD too high, its getting really annoying.
drolaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have a problem with a preamp tube. I had a similiar problem and when with a new preamp and it made a huge difference.

Also, the OD pedal will cause your amp to hum (the 60 cycle hum people often talk about). It's really a dam if you do and dam if you don't as it relates to the OD pedal. Or it could be a simple patch cable or bad connector to one of your other pedals.

Play direct into your amp with no affects. If you don't hear the problem keep plugging in one pedal at a time until you do. Then you'll be able to pin point the source and either replace it or do away with it.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Brown Sound All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: