WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

broken 5150

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Brown Sound
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everythingwentblack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: broken 5150 Reply with quote

Im new to this site, and am in desperate need of assistance. I tried to search but came up with nothing.

I just bought new tubes for my 5150II at the beginning of the month and last saturday at practice it started "cutting out." I checked all the cables and they were fine, and replugged everything back in but didnt crank it and it played well. Now today, at practice after i warm up my sovteks, i turn it to the normal operating volume (about 3 and a half) and it cut out after five seconds. I switched out the power tubes with my old ones, but that ended up the same. What the hell is wrong? I rebought all the correct fuses except for one (the 5amp fuse thta is located on the back of th eamp by the power chord)
Things to note: I have a marshall jcm 900 cab and the ohms have always been matched.

The second time after i plugged my old powers back in i rolled my volume and my amp (was on 3.5) didnt make a sound. I mean dead freakin silent but had volume when i played (for the few seconds it worked).

Any ideas?
drolaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked your preamp tubes. I had a brand new set and had similar problems. Turned out to be a bad preamp tube.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Brown Sound All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: