WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which one - help me decide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Ernie Ball/Music Man & Kramer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Which one - help me decide Reply with quote

Thought I would spark some good debate.

I'm generally a GoldTop freak and have been holding out for the right Wolf GT... but I've got a opportunity for a new Axis Sport in Dark Cherry Burst with a vintage trem.

Should I go for the EBMM or intensify the Wolfie GT search. Of course I could grab the EBMM now and grab a GT when one conventiently appears.

Ned
Tokai Guitars
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goin' with the Axis Super Sport but will continue searching for a Gold Top Wolf.

Ned
Tokai Guitars
ochay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for the Axis also- I've had a couple of the Goldtop Wolfgang STD's and even though the crastmanship was excellent-Just didn't have the Tone I was looking for???? Sold um both and kept the Music man EVH.
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I'm up to 1 of each. Got a Wolfgang Special Flame Top that came with dings and dents so I use that for rehearsal and live while the Axis stays at home for practice. May end up using both live as the sound change from the Wolf to a PAF guitar is way to big. Or maybe a HP Special...
Tokai Guitars
mahi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude,
i grew up an hour from the plant in Neptune, NJ and actually had a Kramer Baretta, and I must say they are killer guitars. really low action, and super smooth playability. they make you a better guitarist than you actually are due to the smooth playability if you don't "overplay" them if you know what i mean. nice guitars. fair price, but i'd rather have a music man. he he or a home-made 84 franken strat with the same body style. radical man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Ernie Ball/Music Man & Kramer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: