WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone coil tap their sd pups?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jukes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: anyone coil tap their sd pups? Reply with quote

i series,split,parallel my sd pups,now i get the hum but the sound is exactly the same,i expected a nice bright sound,any ideas?
big tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is it that you have done to them? Do you have a three way split so they can be series, parallel or single? Or is it something else you have done?

If you wire them in parallel, they will still be hum-canceling (in theory), but give a brighter/clearer sound.

Also, what pickups are they?

I'm not sure how much you know about guitar wiring - but if you would like a schematic/wiring diagram produced: I could give it my best shot Smile
"The reason why Eddie Van Halen is the greatest guitar player that's ever lived? He just fucking did fuck all, you motherfuckers! WOOOW! BAM! Fuckin' here's Eruption! Shove that up your fuckin' ass!" - Zakk Wylde
jukes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i split my bridge sd pup,series,split,parallel,now i get hum but no difference in sound,what did i do wrong?i did this mod
http://www.seymourduncan.com/websit...-split-par.html
i was looking for a nice bright sound for strat like tunes,and humbucking for lp tone.i never hooked up my neck pup as i never use it(may do it next time)
thanks all for the info
my pups are duncan designed(which has all the specs of the duncan distortion)with the same wiring color
big tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link you posted didn't work...

Was it this one you meant?:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/support/schematics/hum_1vol_series-split-par.html

This might be a silly question, but... what switch did you use to switch between series, parallel and split? Was it the switch allready in your guitar? or did you buy a new one?
"The reason why Eddie Van Halen is the greatest guitar player that's ever lived? He just fucking did fuck all, you motherfuckers! WOOOW! BAM! Fuckin' here's Eruption! Shove that up your fuckin' ass!" - Zakk Wylde
jukes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought the switch,on.on.on
its an epi lp,it is the schematic you posted but with a tone control
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: