WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My old gear/ My new gear...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joebarr00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: My old gear/ My new gear... Reply with quote

This is my guitars and rack that I had a few years ago. These pictures are all I have left... I sold it all on ebay. What was I thinking!

RACK
Mesa Boogie 16 space rack
Furman PL Plus Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1
Eventide GTR4000
Marshall JMP-1
Roctron Replifex
Rocktron Patchmate
Hush System IICX
VHT Two/FiftyTwo
2 space drawer with MXR Phase 90 and a MXR Flanger
3 space drawer for cables tools and strings
Rocktron ALL ACCESS
1 Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
1 Ernie Ball Volume Pedal uses as an Expression Pedal

GUITARS
One Amber Quilt Wolfgang #939
One Red Quilt Wolfgang #788
One Blue Quilt Ernie Ball Music Man

I have more pictures of these it anyone wants me to post them.

This is my current setup. It is alot more simple and sounds so much better. I am currently working on my pedal board. I hope to have it complete soon.

AMP
Mesa Boogie Road King Head
Mesa Boogie Road King 2X12 cab
Mesa Boogie Recto 2X12 cab
Keeley Compressor
Teese RMC3LE Wah
Peterson StroboStomp
Keeley Boss BD-2 Phat Mod
MXR EVH Phase 90
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus Flanger
Boss DD-6
Boss RV-5
Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2

GUITARS
Red Flame Wolfgang Special with DiMarzio Pickups and a Push/Pull pot for coil tapping
Purple Flame Wolfgang Special with DiMarzio Pickups and a Push/Pull pot for coil tapping
Green Flame Wolfgang Deluxe
Blue Flame Wolfgang Deluxe Custom Shop with Rosewood fingerboard.

joe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rigs. What drove you away from the rack setup? simplicity? How does the RK setup sound compared to the rack?

Ned
Tokai Guitars
joebarr00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ned wrote:
Nice rigs. What drove you away from the rack setup? simplicity? How does the RK setup sound compared to the rack?

Ned

For one thing the rack was just to much. It was the amp I had dreamed of when I was younger. But, It was to large, I could not load it in a truck by myself, I only played it here at my home, If I would have ever gigged with it, I would have easily took half the stage at any bar, club, or ballroom. It did sound really cool though. I could dial in all the sounds I would ever want but, It was just to much. I did learn alot with it though... Like what I really want and need to acheive MY tone. For one I don't need a $4000 effects unit (yes one unit) for a good delay and reverb. With the rack it would take hours and a three ring binder owners manual to dial in a preset, with my head and pedals I turn a couple of knobs and play for hours. My abilty has progressed greatly with my new rig now because, I am playing the guitar insted of with the amp. As for the sound comparison, I feel that there is no comparasion the Road King and pedals DO sound better than the rack. It is more tone, good tone and not processed. I guess it is a lesson that all guitarist learn at some point... What they really need. A cool riff sounds just as cool dry going from guitar to amp to cab, than it does through a rack of processors. It took me years to learn that....

joe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand completely. At one time I had a stereo Marshall rack with the 50/50 power amp and I think a 9001 preamp. I've always been a Rockman freak so my chorus and delays where Rockman half racks. Ran this through 2 Marshall 4x10s.

Lugged that sucker to a gig once then sold it the next day. Been using combos ever since, however that's about to change. Had back surgery in December and now have weight limits on what I can lift. Depending on what amp I go with it will be head and 2x12 or 4x10 cab.

Ned
Tokai Guitars
Klaja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: It... Reply with quote

is possible to have tons of tone with big racksystems!!! Check this thred http://forum.wolfgangregistry.com/viewtopic.php?t=176

YES it is big and YES it is heavy and YES it fills out half the stage BUT it sounds better than any system I've played anywere!!!

Wet/dry/wet is the way to go if you want lots of tone and super effects!!!

Klaja
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> My Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: