WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fender EVH Wolgang Stiff Tremolo Bar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Fender / Charvel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixerman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Fender EVH Wolgang Stiff Tremolo Bar Reply with quote

Hello guys. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that could help me with the tremolo bar on my Fender EVH Wolfgang. It`s really, really stiff. Has nyone else experienced this and what did you do about it? Thanks!!!

George
nobozos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just back off the spring claw in the trem cavity while keeping your strings tuned to pitch until the trem starts to come off the body, then tighten the spring claw until the trem rests on the body. Tune to pitch, then bend a string while plucking an open string. If the open string goes flat, tighten the spring claw until the open string doesn't go flat.
Macguier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: But why? Reply with quote

I've owned two EVH's -- a Standard and now a Special. I don't mind messing with the springs to make it more comfortable. But it seems ALL Wolfgangs come from the factory with the springs set at Paul Bunyan tightness. Like mega tight.

As you explained, this isn't necessary to deck the bridge.

Anyone know why they do this? Is this how Eddie likes it? His forearms must be like Popeye's. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Fender / Charvel All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: