WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

<sigh> looking everywhere with no response...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riconaka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: <sigh> looking everywhere with no response... Reply with quote

This is my first post here, and also my desperation to find answers. Crying or Very sad
I have a Wolfie EXP QT, and a couple days ago as I was changing my strings, the lock screw broke inside the saddle... Shocked And about a year ago, the threading on the whammy bar chipped off... So I am thinking it's time to replace this bridge once and for all.

I've looked under every rock to get an answer, but nobody can give me one.... is there a replacement bridge that will fit my guitar without any routing?

Thanks,
Rich
Glenos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ritch,

Umm, Well I think you should be able to get a replacement saddle lock screw of the internet or music shop as this will be a standard Floyd Rose type of screw. That's if you can get the broken piece out! other wise you will have to buy a new saddle as well.

The tread on the Trem Bar also you should be able to get spares for. Go to your lacal guitar shop and ask for advice there if you get no luck online.

I would say this is the cheapest way to go, rather than replacing the hole bridge. Also probably your best option too as if you get a new bridge you could have issues with the bottom plate thickness changing your action etc.

Good luck!
riconaka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Glenos,

Peavey wrote back, and told me I need to get a new bridge.

As you mentioned, I went to my local music store, and the manager there was really helpful. The Local store owner didn't want me to pay top $$ for a new bridge, so we went through her parts box. She gave me a saddle that may work. She also mentioned that the store gets their parts through allparts.com and also WD music. So I tried them. Got a saddle, it fit but a sliiight longer than what I have currently. But it works.

Thanks for your input. I think I'll go and order the rest to match the set and call it good. Smile

Rich
Glenos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nay worries.

Glad you got it ( semi )sorted, these parts must be everywhere I'd of thought.

Keep rockin.
davolk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post is 4 years old but in case you still monitor this, I just posted about changing the bridge on my EXP with the Peavey USA bridge. I bought one from Peavey to make sure all the specs were correct. For example, the saddle radius on the Peavey Wolfgang is 15 inches. No other after market bridge I could find matched this exactly so I went with the Peavey. For $170 I have the USA hardened steel bridge and the guitar plays awesome. If you have any other problems with the cheap cast bridge they put on the EXP, I suggest you get one. It makes a huge difference. My post is titled "USA Bridge on a Wolfgang Special" if you want to read more specifics.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Peavey All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: