WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA Bridge on a Wolfgang Special

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davolk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: USA Bridge on a Wolfgang Special Reply with quote

I have two Wolfgangs, a USA and a Korean Special EXP. The bridge on the EXP has always given me a little trouble even after being set up: d-tuner isn't very accurate, tuners are not smooth, etc. I know the bridge on the EXP is a cast piece and much cheaper than the bridge on the USA Wolfgang. Does anyone know if the USA bridge will fit the Korean made EXP? Peavey sells the USA bridge shipped for $170 and it would solve all of the problems at once. Peavey thinks it does but the answer wasn't really definitive.

Thanks. Dave

Last edited by davolk on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
davolk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting no responses, I took a chance and ordered the USA bridge from Peavey for my Korean EXP. My guitar tech did a complete set up and it is now awesome. The only issue I had was with the tremolo bar attachment nut on the underside of the bridge plate. On the USA bridge, it's attached with a nut that was slightly too large to seat the bridge properly in the bridge opening. I simply switched the tremolo bar mechanism from the Korean bridge which is attached with an allen screw down the middle and it seated perfectly. I prefer the tremolo bar attachment on the Korean so I would have done this anyway. For anyone with a Korean Wolfgang who would like to do a simple, albeit a little expensive upgrade, you will not be disappointed. Not only does this guitar now play every bit as well as my USA deluxe, the sustain has improved because the block is brass and about 1/8 inch longer. You can call Peavey parts department off the website to order one. Steve Smith the Peavey guitar tech said they used the same bridge on the HP Special. Mine was delivered in 3 days. I also replaced the thin and cheap string retention bar above the nut with the USA bar for another $2.50. I was going to sell this guitar but not now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Peavey All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: