WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saddle block solution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rippin Rod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Saddle block solution Reply with quote

Please tell me where I can purchase a single FR licensed Peavey saddle for my WG Special Custom (chrome of course). Also need a couple of saddle blocks. Thanks in advance, Rod
Lord_Jereth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Saddle ... Reply with quote

Hey Rod,

Let me guess, the string block tension screw broke off on you, right?

Just had this happen to me, too. Here's how I fixed the problem on the cheap:

Cheap licensed Floyd Rose trem from Amazon to cannibalize saddles from.

Schaller String Lock Screws from AllParts

Granted, this was done on the cheap and with sub-par parts, but the fix cost me less than $40, total, even with one day shipping. (Thank you, Amazon Prime!) That's nothing to sneeze at. My Wolfie plays like nothing happened, again. Of course, you could get better parts, and probably should, but it'll cost you much more, obviously. I'm on a student's income (an oxymoron) so this is the best I could do at the time.

Now, if you want, as you say, a Peavey licensed saddle, I have a feeling the only place you're going to get that is through the Peavey customer service department, or to buy an actual Schaller trem to steal parts from.

Good luck,

Cool LJ
davolk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Bridge Question Reply with quote

I have two Wolfgangs, a USA and a Korean Special. The bridge on the Special has always given me a little trouble even after being set up: d-tuner isn't very accurate, tuners are not smooth, etc. It appears now that the screw hole that attaches the A string saddle is stripped. It is screwed into the forward hole but the intonation is out because of it. I know the bridge on the Special is a cast piece and much cheaper than the bridge on the USA Wolfgang. Does anyone know if the USA bridge will fit the Special? Peavey sells the USA bridge shipped for $170 and it would solve all of the problems at once. Peavey thinks it does but the answer wasn't really definitive.

Thanks. Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Peavey All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: