WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need replacement neck pickup for circa 1997 Pat Pend Wolf.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sudsy100

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Need replacement neck pickup for circa 1997 Pat Pend Wolf. Reply with quote

Does anyone know for sure the exact specs on a neck pup for my circa 1977 Pat Pend Wolf, perchance? I recently got an excellent deal on it, and was 90% sure there might have been a simple wiring issue with the pup, but just heard back from my tech and it's indeed dead.

I see a couple for sale on eBay, but I don't know how the values changed (or even if they changed) from different years for the Wolfs. I'd like to replace it with a close to an original as possible.

Also, if anyone knows of where to get one, or has some advice about the best way to go about it, that would be greatly appreciated too.

Cheers!

Suds . . .
Wolfpack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Need replacement neck pickup for circa 1997 Pat Pend Wol Reply with quote

Sudsy100 wrote:
Does anyone know for sure the exact specs on a neck pup for my circa 1977 Pat Pend Wolf, perchance? I recently got an excellent deal on it, and was 90% sure there might have been a simple wiring issue with the pup, but just heard back from my tech and it's indeed dead.

I see a couple for sale on eBay, but I don't know how the values changed (or even if they changed) from different years for the Wolfs. I'd like to replace it with a close to an original as possible.

Also, if anyone knows of where to get one, or has some advice about the best way to go about it, that would be greatly appreciated too.

Cheers!

Suds . . .

Suds peavey sells the pu's for the wolfs they are $79 each plus shipping the specs are
17.4K, alnico 5 magnet.
the closest pup out is the dimarzio air norton or liquifire. get a regular spaced one on zebra black/creme and you will be fine.
gilroy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I've been scammed but for the pickups I've purchased, one is thicker than the other and naturally it will be closer to the strings once mounted to the body . Oras close to Dream Theater as i can. August burns red and Trivium
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Peavey All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: