WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wolfgang pickup question - would appreciate any input.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grh146

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: wolfgang pickup question - would appreciate any input. Reply with quote

hello all, i recently picked up an ivory stoptail USA standard wolfgang and the white coils on the zebra pickups are facing each other rather than both of the white coils facing forward. out of the many photos i've checked out of other wolfgangs online the vast majority of them are with both white coils facing forward, but i have seen 3 or 4 (out of probably a hundred or so) with the white coils facing each other, including a couple of nice high-end custom shop models, so i'm confused. i checked with peavey and they said to the best of their knowledge they all faced forward...thoughts? does it even matter? thanx in advance for your input.
straycat113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well obviously work was done on one of the pups or it may have been replaced. This is one situation where it does not really matter even if the pup was replaced as only on pup was used during the run of the Peavey Wolfgang. So if it was replaced and another dropped in it would just about be impossible to prove it was not the original pup. Here is the one catch for those that really know the guitar well, in April 02 all the pups were stopped being wound in the US and all were produced in Korea and there is a difference in tone.
Wolfpack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: wolfgang pickup question - would appreciate any input. Reply with quote

grh146 wrote:
hello all, i recently picked up an ivory stoptail USA standard wolfgang and the white coils on the zebra pickups are facing each other rather than both of the white coils facing forward. out of the many photos i've checked out of other wolfgangs online the vast majority of them are with both white coils facing forward, but i have seen 3 or 4 (out of probably a hundred or so) with the white coils facing each other, including a couple of nice high-end custom shop models, so i'm confused. i checked with peavey and they said to the best of their knowledge they all faced forward...thoughts? does it even matter? thanx in advance for your input.

The original owner probably like the LOOK of them that way and switched the neck pu, tonally there is very little difference if any.
mariasam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it very much thanks for sharing this information with us?.Smile
Rolling Eyes

Try out our free C4090-451 exam and latest 642-427 dumps to get high flying success in final Certkiller JN0-332 and www.mountwashington.edu exams, mcts Harvard University is also very useful tool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Peavey All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: