WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info on a Pat Pend Wolf I just picked up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sudsy100

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Info on a Pat Pend Wolf I just picked up Reply with quote

Hi, all . . . glad to be on the Wolfgang Registry. Been meaning to join for a while since I got my black USA archtop (S/N 91017843, a 2000 I think) about 10 months ago. Love the axe of course. Have the usual compliment of Gibbys, Fenders . . . and a BC Rich Mock that's been a fave, but the Wolfgang has mojo oozing out its pours.

Anyway . . . I just grabbed another black arch for a good price today, and had a couple of questions if anyone has a moment:

1. It's a Pat. Pend. S/N 91001683. I don't really need to know the year, but I suspect it's gotta be a 1997 or 1998. If anyone knows for sure, lemme know though.

2. I noticed the birdseye fretboard is less intricate than my 2000. It's a bit lighter in colour too, and doesn't have as much of a pattern as other Wolfs I've seen. Is this normal or common?

3. Also, where the three-piece body is glued together, there's a shallow line along the front and back that matches where the pieces are glued. The line isn't on the heel or horns. Is this something anyone has seen before? The guitar sounds great, and it doesn't appear anything's shifted in the least. It looks like it popped outta the womb that way. Any info or insight would be appreciated.

4. Just as an aside, the Pat Pend seems to be a little smoother sounding than my other one. It's a very minor difference, but you can definitely hear a bit more cut in the 2000, and a bit more creaminess in the Pat Pend. Does this match what others have noticed?

Pictures to follow if needed. I've got my guitar tech giving it a setup right now, but will have it back in a day or two.

Thanks!

Suds . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Peavey All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: