WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA Peavey or Import Fender / EVH?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark_pontello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: USA Peavey or Import Fender / EVH? Reply with quote

I'd like to "upgrade" from my Peave Special EXP and I'm not sure what would be a better long term choice for the money. I'm not a great player or tone chaser, I just want a Wolfgang. Thoughts?
Coopster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how you want to spend your money? I've seen the Peavey Wolf Specials for around $600.

The Special Deluxes are a bit harder to find but have nice flame maple tops for around $800 to $900 and are similar to the Music Man's from a build standpoint.

The Wolfgang Standards are anywhere from $1000 to $2000 depending on where you look but the prices have been creeping for a couple of years now.

The EVH Special, which I own, will run you about the same as an American Peavey Standard. All of them are great guitars and I doubt you can go wrong with any of them. Heck, I even think the EXP were pretty darn good. Different guitar, but good.

If you're looking for investment potential, then I'd recommend the Peavey Standards with the flame tops (or quilt if you can find one for reasonable money). They are holding their value pretty well. And the Special Deluxes are a hidden gem. There aren't that many of them out there and they could become a strong collectible down the road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: