WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking to buy an evh guitar please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigjoecopo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: looking to buy an evh guitar please help Reply with quote

hello hope people still use this site. looking to purchase a early original evh signature guitar. my question is how to i know when looking at the guitar that i am looking at a true made in usa guitar. wich is the best to get the music man the peavey or the pricy fender model. please advise. thank you.
drolaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking a guitar is like picking a girl..lol. Each one is different and appeals to peple differently. I have a Peavy and MM and like the MM better. To me it feels better and sounds better. My friend has the new EVH high end guitar and it rocks. It may be better than the MM IMO.

WHat I don't like about my peavey is the neck. It feels very fat. My Les Paul Classic has feels better than the peavey. And I could never get the peavey to sound like I want it. Plus I'm not a fan of the licensed Floyd on the peavey...seems cheaper.

But that's just my two cents. You really need to try em and figure out what you like.

You can tell if the Peavey was made in the USA by looking behind the head stock. It should say made in the USA or something like that...if memory serves me right.

Also, if it has a curved body it was made in the USA. I'm not sure of the special was made in the USA. Someone else may be able to chim in.
straycat113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is why you have to check them out for yourself as I am on the otherside of this debate. I own both EBMM EVH'S and Peavey Wolfgangs and the neck on the Peavey is probably my favorite neck on any guitar as I prefer the 15" radius to the EVH's10" in which a lot of guys had issues with the high E slipping off the fret board and is why the Axis neck was changed to 1/32" to correct this problem. With just about anything people favor the first or original and the EBMM EVH in my opinion is the slightly all around better guitar as the quilts were some of the best you will ever see, as far as the pups the Wolfgangs are pure fire and are seriously hot and will melt faces, the EVH's are a bit more versatile but you cant go wrong with either one as they were both Ed approved. I have not checked out the new ones of which I have heard mixed reviews but most complain about the price more than anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: