WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tremolo setup question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Tremolo setup question Reply with quote

I'm playing a Wolfgang Special, and over these winter months the high E and B strings are getting twangy and fretting out a bit. I've noticed that the two tremolo studs are set at different heights- the one on the high side is a bit lower than the other. If I back that stud out will it correct the problem with the low action on the high strings, and will I need to reset the intonation?

Thanks for your help.
drolaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have a couple of things going on. Maple necks are pretty solid but depending on where you live the dry cold air could have played havic on your neck. Basically a neck setup and a complete setup at your favorite guitar tech store should solve that problem.

It doesn't sound series so I wouldn't worry. If you're into doing things yourself (neck adjustments I would defer to the pros) you could google the internet to see what self-adjusting you could do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Peavey All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: