WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5150 LOUD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Brown Sound
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dverrill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: 5150 LOUD Reply with quote

my 5150 head seems to be getting louder white noise than normal. i am running a 5150 head with a hush super c, bbe 482i, dbx eq, korg dtr-1000, and a alesis power conditioner threw the effects loop. in front im running a esp w/ emgs into a tube screamer no other effects directly into the input. brief history- bought the head new, i have changed the tubes every year since. my question- is there any comon things in the 5150 that wears and needs to be replaced, ie- transformers, fuses, diodes? any advice would be greatly appreciated!
d/
wildrat666

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the efx loop is greasy. spray som wd-40 inside and see if it works
drolaw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a preamp tube. Even new ones can cause that. I changed preamp tubes and got a lot of white noise. Turned out I had a microphonic preamp in the V1 position. CHanges those out and it went it away.

Try swapping your preamp tubes or go with a lower rated tube - although I don't recommend that unless you're willing to tame your amp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Brown Sound All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: