WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Fender Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVH_5150

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Good Fender Website Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me some good sites to look at concerning the different strat variations, options, prices, history, etc. I am looking for info like I can find on wolfgangguitars.com except for the strat. I have googled it but not had much luck.

Thanks,
EVH_5150
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.fenderforum.com not exactly what your looking for but it will be a good place to start.

Ned
Tokai Guitars
EVH_5150

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ned. I'll check it out. I am looking into buying a strat but I dont want to get taken because I dont know that much about how to tell the different models apart.

EVH_5150
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They make so many Strats in a lot of countries now. Your right in doing your research first. Anything MIA or even MIJ will be good. In fact a MIJ Strat is probably you best bang for the buck.

Ned
Tokai Guitars
hbucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look them over well the MIM's can be a screaming value. I love my MIM Nasville Tele. And I looked real hard at all the Teles from the cheapest Chinese to a $1,300 US model before I bought. The value and performance of my $400 Nasville really wasn't threatened.

But definately do your research and know what you're getting.
EVH_5150

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys.

Are there any obvious differences in the guitars made in different countries. For instance, on the wolfgang the tuners arent as good on the EXP as the Standard. Are the strats considered to be made of comparable material and components when they are MIJ, MIM, etc to the ones MIA?

EVH_5150
hbucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard issue MIM's tend to have a lower grade of hardware. But the necks are made in the U.S. and shipped to Mexico for finish and assembly.

Something I liked about my Nashville Tele is it's got Tex Mex pickups instead of the standard issue Mexican pickups. Also a vintage style Fender bridge and vintage tuners. So it's got decent hardware on it in addition to having a good neck and a solid body.

IMO it isn't an arguement of which is better, MIM or MIA? MIA is consistently better. To me It's an arguement of is the MIA $500 better than the MIM? Or in my case, the MIA Nashville is about $900 more than I paid for mine. I can't imagine how much better it would have to be for me to feel like that was worth it. Especially since this Tele isn't my main guitar. It's just a good, toneful workhorse I can use to round out my tone when needed. I wanted to get my Nashville before they figured out they coudl charge another $200 for them and people would still like them.
frankthomson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try tdpri.COM

AND MORE than less, the MIM's and MIA's have the same quality hdwe..in fact all necks are cut/formed in USA, then trhe mim's are sent to ensenada for assembly and paint.
mim's = great value!

the HGY1's are a combo of the 2, w/ a great, rolled fretboard, and the thinner , less expensive to MFG than the thick poly coats.

i also think the NAshville is THE BEST 4 BUCK tele.

....imo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: