WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Les Paul copy help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murphy0421

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Les Paul copy help Reply with quote

I'm in the market for a Les Paul copy. I'm going to have it for awhile so price isn't too much of a concern. I just can't spend the 2,000 or up it would cost for a real gibson. I like the looks of (or researched the following): Agile 3500, Epiphone Elitist Tak Matsimoto, Heritage 140s or 150s, and some orvilles (Japan). As you can see I'm all over the place!

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above mentioned? Or are there any recommendations?

Thanks for the help!
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left off probably the best of the LP copies - Tokai. Head over to www.tokairegistry.com and www.tokaiforum.com You can't go wrong with a MIJ Tokai Love Rocks.
Tokai Guitars
frankthomson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a MIJ Greco LP GT that RULES.

i've had the eletist LPC, and while very nice, i couldn't get past the Epi name or headstock..[yuk, imo]...

i have an agile 3000 or 3500 12 string, and lets me say it's amazing!
hard to believe how much guitar you get for so little money.

AFAIK, ALL Orvills are Japan.

Tokais are starting to just get too expensive. You're gonna be close to being able to afford a USA Gibbo, w/ the prices they're getting 4 the Tokais!

Hell, you can buy a $500-600 Gib LP Studio on Craigslist usually once a week. (that's what i would do)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: