WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index
Forum dedicated to Van Halen Model Guitars

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the new Wolfie almost ready ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements & Website Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkinsg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Is the new Wolfie almost ready ? Reply with quote

Is that a new wolfie that Ed was playing at the rehearsal this week?
looks like a cross between the peavey and a fender strat..cool
there were links to pics on blabbermounth.net that are now gone..

Gary
Ned
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the time line is but I've got a picture here:

http://wolfgangregistry.com/evh-guitar-info/evh-guitar-info.html
Tokai Guitars
Mountie5150

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's a little light to shed on the subject....I went to the Edmonton show on Sunday night and have the following to report:

1. I paid a shitload of $ for my 5 star All Access pkg
2. I got a backstage tour and was 3 feet away from Ed's "tent" speaking with the tech guy (not the actual guitar tech, the guy under him, Chris was his name I think)
3. He showed us the newest Fender and gave us the story. Fender developed 4 prototypes of the Wolfie and the one he chose as his main one - the burst one photographed on this site, was # 3. Fender did some tweaking and brought Ed an ivory painted one and his picked it up, plugged it in from the box and has been playing it ever since. They are optimistic that EVH will sign off on this one and they can start production. They expect that we'll be able to purchase sometime in mid-2008.
4. I saw 2 Charvels that he plays during the show then signs and auctions off.
5. I saw a 3/4 scale frankenstrat for Little Guitars
6. I saw one of the Fender replica Frankenstrats that Ed plays for Jump
7. Appearently there are some stomp boxes that are in the developement stage- a wha pedal and a chorus with the EVH name on it.

We went over to the other side and saw Wolfie's bass guitars and Dave's acoustic for Ice Cream Man too! I have been a VH fan since 1984 when I was 10 years old and got inspired to get my first axe- a $199 Sears Special. I have seen Sammy 3 times (FUCK, BALANCE & the 2004 tour) and now that I have seen them with Dave- I can say WOW- these guys fucking ROCKED!! Dave is a hell of a showman - he hasn't lost anything but his hair!! Ed was SO good being sober- 2004 was a bit brutal at times. Absolutley amazing. Even Wolfie was awesome- huge pressure for a 16year old, but he was great. If you get the chance- go see Van Halen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WolfgangRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements & Website Info All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: